Monday, October 24, 2016

My Goal: BWx10

This blog is to journal my progress (or failure) to achieve lifting, pulling & pushing my body weight for 10 repetitions.  My body weight is around 175lb.  I'll attempt to push (bench press), pull (pull ups), lift (dead lifts) 175 lbs ten times.

I'm going to try to accomplish this before the end of 2017.

An unknown is my lower back which is injured and has been for a few years.  I'll be finessing it with an empty bar for a while and hoping that I can get stronger without any further injury.

I'm weak in my bench press because of neglect.  It don't see why I can't get to BWx10 with some hard work.

I've been working on pull ups for a good while now, and I'm stuck on 8.  My plan is to increase volume.  Do more sets of lower reps to increase my overall work load, hoping that will help me to gain a couple more solid reps.

I'm hoping I'll make some good progress this Winter when I can't get out and run as often.


No comments:

Post a Comment